The way your smile looks is directly related to the health of your teeth and gums. And while many people don’t realize it, cosmetic dentistry is a great way to “kill two birds with one stone” and take care of your oral health and appearance at the same time. Simply put, healthy teeth equal beautiful teeth, and when you get dental work from a cosmetic dentist in Lansing, you can have both. Keep reading below to learn about which procedures can give you a smile that looks just as good as it feels!
Oral Health Issues That Affect Your Appearance
By addressing these issues, you’ll improve your long-term oral health and have the self-confidence that comes with an attractive smile:
- Severe stains – If you have severe stains on your teeth or notice any dark or soft spots, you may have cavities. The earlier cavities are caught, the easier and less expensive they are to treat.
- Missing teeth – Even missing just one tooth negatively impacts your oral health. It can cause cavities and gum problems on your remaining teeth and also affect your jaws and bite alignment.
- Chipped or cracked teeth – If you have chips or cracks, your teeth are susceptible to more severe breaks that can lead to tooth loss.
What Kind of Procedures Can Help?
Porcelain Veneers and Lumineers
Both porcelain veneers and Lumineers are strong, thin “shells” that are adhered to the front of your teeth and can completely transform your smile in just 2-3 visits. First, a dentist in Lansing will make any necessary repairs, such as removing small cavities or smoothing chips in the enamel.
Then, after your veneers have been cemented into place, they’ll not only look great but will be a perfect solution for any minor problems you may have had on your front teeth.
Implants are the “gold standard” in tooth replacement because they replace the roots of missing teeth. This is what sets implants apart and gives them the unmatched strength, stability and longevity that bridges or dentures can’t provide. It’s also why they look and feel more like natural teeth than anything else.
Whitening itself won’t improve your oral health, but it will motivate you to maintain great oral hygiene habits to keep your smile looking great. Here are two professional options that will give you fantastic results that are also safe and reliable:
- Zoom! in-office treatment – This in-office option is perfect for anyone who wants their results as soon as possible. Appointments usually take just one hour to provide your final result.
- Take-home trays – This option is perfect for patients who want to whiten their teeth more gradually. It involves wearing custom-made trays with professional strength whitening gel for 30-60 minutes each day, for about 2 weeks.
Every patient has different needs, so the first step is to schedule a consultation with a cosmetic dentist. After they’ve evaluated your dental history, oral health, and cosmetic goals, they’ll create the perfect treatment plan for you!
About the Author
Dr. John J. Hagerty is a Michigan native who has decades of experience as a general, restorative and cosmetic dentist in Lansing. He wants everyone to have a healthy, beautiful smile for life and works closely with each patient to create treatment plans that are best for their needs. If you want to enhance your smile or have any questions, he can be reached via his website.