Teeth Extractions in Lansing
At Hagerty Dentistry, it’s not just pulling teeth.
Everyone wants to avoid having their teeth extracted. To be honest, Dr. Hagerty and our entire Lansing team get no enjoyment out of extractions either, which is why we place so much emphasis on routine dental care. However, sometimes extractions can’t be avoided. When an extraction is your only option, Hagerty Dentistry will do everything within our power to make this a positive experience.
We can quickly treat a host of dental conditions with minimal discomfort, including advanced gum disease. There are many unfortunate conditions in which extractions are the only viable option.
In the following situations, Dr. Hagerty may recommend an extraction.
- When wisdom teeth, or third molars, can't fully erupt or are misaligned.
- If a candidate for dentures only has a few worn or compromised remaining teeth on an arch, we may recommend extractions so a full denture can be placed.
- Patients, often younger children, may have impacted teeth positioned to emerge out of alignment or teeth which prevent others from fully erupting.
- Orthodontic patients with overcrowded teeth may require more space along the jaw line for proper alignment.
- Decayed teeth.
- A tooth has been infected past the point of root canal therapy.
We have a variety of sedation dentistry options available for extraction patients. The Hagerty Dentistry team is dedicated to providing the most comfortable experience possible at our Lansing office during your extraction. If there are any additional patient comforts we can provide for your benefit, please let us know when you make your appointment.
Please call us today to schedule an appointment to learn if you would benefit from a dental extraction. Dr. Hagerty sees patients from Lansing, Grand Ledge, Holt, Okemos, East Lansing, and neighboring Michigan communities for extractions. For a complete list of dental services, please click here. Dr. Hagerty is ready to help you improve your oral health.