Meet Our Doctors
John J. Hagerty, DDS, FAGD
A Michigan native, Dr. Hagerty attended the University of Michigan Dental School. After graduation, he served as a Lt. Commander and dentist in the United States Navy from 1967-1971. Dr. Hagerty was stationed in Norfolk, VA; Subic Bay, the Philippines, and Memphis, TN. Following his service in the Navy, he moved to Lansing and started his private practice, which has served our community for over 25 years. Dr. Hagerty constantly acquires valuable experience and training through affiliation with many esteemed dental organizations. To earn a Fellowship in the Academy of General Dentistry (FAGD), he met stringent requirements, including at least 500 hours of approved continuing education courses.
Dr. Hagerty and his wife, Phyllis, have enjoyed over 40 wonderful years together and are the parents of two grown children, John and Amanda. In addition to spending time with his family, Dr. Hagerty enjoys outdoor pursuits, such as hunting, fishing, and adventure sports, like white-water rafting and rock climbing. Dr. Hagerty is also a passionate supporter of local and international charitable causes and has served in medical/dental missions throughout Central and Latin America. Visit our Community Matters page for more information on how Dr. Hagerty and our team serve the community and our fellow man.
Dr. Hagerty holds membership with following professional organizations:
- Academy of General Dentistry (Fellow – FAGD)
- International Association of Oral Medicine and Toxicology
- International Association of Mercury-Free Dentists
- Academy of Laser Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- Michigan Dental Association
- American Equilibration Society
- American Board of Neurological & Orthopaedic Dental Medicine and Surgery
- American Academy of Neurological & Orthopaedic Surgery
- International Academy of Preventative Medicine
- Arrowhead Institute’s “Elite” for Advanced Cosmetic & Rehabilitated Dentistry
- National Foundation of Dentistry for the Handicapped 1995-present
Dr. Hagerty's community associations and charitable organizations include:
- Former president of the Central District Dental Society
- Former board member of Mother Teresa House hospice care
- Board member of Free International Missions (FIM)
- Medical/Dental Missionary work in and throughout Central and Latin America
- Member of the Healing Hearts Society of “Ele’s Place” children’s bereavement center in Lansing, MI
Gary P. Hutnik, DDS
Originally from Garden City, Michigan, Dr. Hutnik completed his undergraduate and dental degrees at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. Additionally, he earned his master's degree in business administration from Madonna University in Livonia. A former clinical instructor at the University of Michigan School of Dentistry, Dr. Hutnik has more than thirty years' experience in private practice, public health dentistry, and nursing home dentistry.
His interest in dentistry started at age eight and has grown more passionately ever since. Artistic by nature, he especially enjoys the esthetic challenge of creating beautiful smiles. His goal is always to make each patient's visit incredibly satisfying. He is a proud member of the American Dental Association (ADA), the Michigan Dental Association (MDA) and the Academy of General Dentistry (AGD).
Dr. Hutnik resides in Okemos with his wife, son and daughter. His hobbies include travel, snow skiing, bicycling, writing short stories, cooking and fine wines. He values quality time spent with family and friends.